Russian Borscht Recipe
|Russian Borscht Recipe|
||1.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 5 Carrots (cut lengthwise into halves, then cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 Parsnip (cut lengthwise into halves, then cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 450 gm Beef Stew Meat (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 500 gm Reduced-Sodium Beef Broth
- 4 cups Green Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 550 gm Fresh Beets (shredded)
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 500 gm Tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
How to make Russian Borscht:
- Layer cabbage, beets, carrots, parsnip, onion, garlic, beef, tomatoes, broth, lemon juice, sugar and pepper in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low flame until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add lemon juice, sugar and a dash of sour cream.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.