Russian Green Bean and Potato Soup Recipe
|Russian Green Bean and Potato Soup Recipe|
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Onion (halved and thinly sliced)
- 4 Red Potatoes (cubed)
- 1/2 lb Green Beans (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 5 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup Sauerkraut (with juice)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dill (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
How to make Russian Green Bean and Potato Soup:
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat and add vegetable oil to it.
- Once the oil is hot, stir in onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until they are soft and translucent.
- Add potatoes and green beans, and cook for 5 minutes, to slightly soften the beans.
- Now, pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the potatoes become tender.
- Combine flour and sour cream well and add a spoonful of it, at a time, to the simmering soup.
- Stir in sauerkraut and dill and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the soup for five minutes before finally serving.