Russian Potato Mushroom Soup Recipe
|Russian Potato Mushroom Soup Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 5 tbsp Butter (divided)
- 2 Leeks (chopped)
- 2 large Carrots (sliced)
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp Dill Weed (dried)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 pounds Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 pound Fresh Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup Half-And-Half
- 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- Fresh Dill Weed (optional)
How to make Russian Potato Mushroom Soup:
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a large saucepan, placed over medium heat.
- Add in leeks and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in broth and season with dill, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Add in potatoes and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Now, remove the bay leaf.
- Melt the remaining butter in a skillet placed over medium heat.
- Sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes, or until they are lightly brown in color.
- Stir the mushrooms into the soup.
- Serve hot.