Russian Roast Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g298484-d691623-i61864705-Cafe_Pushkin-Moscow_Central_Russia.html
|Russian Roast Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||100 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 6 medium Potatoes (peel and cut into cubes)
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 lb Beef boneless Rump Roast
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
How to make Russian Roast:
- Heat oil in a frying pan and stir fry potatoes and onions for 10 minutes.
- Transfer into a platter, leaving the oil in the pan.
- Toss in the beef and fry until brown on all the sides.
- Add the potato mixture and stir well.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Combine cream with water and flour to get a smooth paste.
- Pour over the meat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the pan.
- Simmer until meat turns tender, for about 90 minutes.
- Drizzle lemon juice.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.