Rustic Pear-Cranberry Tart Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pear_and_cranberry_rustic_tart/
|Rustic Pear-Cranberry Tart Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 tbsp Red Currant Jelly
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Sugar, divided
- 2 tbsp frozen Cranberry Juice Cocktail Concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup Cranberries, sweetened and dried
- 1 (13.8 oz) Pizza Dough, tube refrigerated
- 2 large Bosc Pears, halved, cored and cut into cubes
How to make Rustic Pear-Cranberry Tart:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use parchment paper to line baking sheet.
- In a non-stick large pan, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add pears to butter and sauté for around 8 minutes or until they are tender.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp. of sugar and toss gently.
- To this add jelly, juice concentrate and cranberries.
- Heat for another 2 to 3 minutes until the juices have thickened and the pears are tender.
- Transfer pear mixture to large plate and leave it in the freezer for 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile spread the Pizza dough and cut to size of roughly a 9 inch square. Pull dough to twice its length and cut in half crosswise.
- Scoop the pear mixture in the center of the dough leaving around a 1 ½ inch border.
- Fold the border edges and place 2 dough strips over the filling, pressing the ends to stick them together.
- Sprinkle strips and border edges with sugar.
- Place this in the oven to bake for around 22 to 23 minutes until the dough is golden in color.
- Remove and place on baking sheet to cool down to lukewarm temperature.