Sabz Sangar Recipe
Photo Credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6fWfcrIdIo
|Sabz Sangar Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||9.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 100 g Sangar
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 6 Red Chilly (dry)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (grounded)
- ½ cup Curd
- 1 pinch Asofetida (hing)
- 5 tsp Amchur (dry and soaked)
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Amchur
- Water, for soaking
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Amchur Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp Dhaniya Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilly Powder
How to make Sabz Sangar:
- Take a bowl and soak sangar in enough water (to which 1/2 tsp haldi has been added) for whole night.
- In the morning, put the sangar in the cooker (with water) and allow one whistle, before turning off the gas.
- Strain the sangar through a strainer and preserve the strained water.
- In a small bowl, soak all the ingredients for the masala (except haldi) in enough water, for 30 minutes.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat mustard oil in it.
- When hot, put grounded mustard seeds, hing, cumin seeds, bay leaf and dry red chilly in it.
- Now, add masala paste to it and mix. Put curd, sangar and soaked amchur in it and mix for 2 minutes.
- Put a cup of water in it and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on medium flame.
- When cooked, remove from flame and serve hot with dal ke paranthe.