Sabzi Polo Recipe
Photo Credit: http://globetrotterdiaries.com/recipes/sabzi-polo-mahi-herbed-rice-and-fish-for-the-persian-new-year
|Sabzi Polo Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||65 Minutes |
- 4 cups long Grain Rice (rinse and soak for 3-4 hrs)
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 cup Chives (Scallion) Stem (chopped)
- 1½ cups Parsley
- 1 cup Coriander
- 1½ cups fresh Dill Weed
- Few Outer Leaves of Lettuce
- ½ cup Water
How to make Sabzi Polo:
- Finely chop the vegetables.
- Boil the rice in a soil pot with the water it was soaked in. Stir while boiling and when it is about to cook, add the vegetables.
- Drain well.
- Add the oil, ½ cup water and the lettuce leaves in the pot.
- Add a little more water on the top and close the lid. Simmer for a few minutes on high heat.
- When it starts steaming, reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and drizzle some cooking oil to simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.