Saffron Buns Recipe
Photo Credit: http://folklore.usc.edu/?p=17767
|Saffron Buns Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 2 1/8 Cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 21/2 tsp Compressed Fresh Yeast
- 11/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 0.5 gram Powdered Saffron
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 7 ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Raisins (optional)
- 1 beaten Egg
How to make Saffron Buns:
- Heat milk and butter in a small saucepan until the butter melts and the temperature reaches 100 degrees F (38 degrees C).
- Crumble the yeast into a bowl, and then pour in warm milk. Stir well until the yeast dissolves.
- Prepare dough by mixing crème, powdered saffron, sugar, salt, and 7 cups of flour all together in a bowl. Cover and keep it aside for 40 minutes.
- Prepare 2 or 3 baking sheets by covering each with a sheet of parchment paper. Now divide the dough into 35 pieces and roll each piece into a 6 inches long rope. With the rope lying flat on the work surface, roll each end towards the center, in opposite directions, creating a curled S-shape.
- Then place the buns on the prepared baking sheets, and garnish with raisins if desired. Cover with a towel, and bake in a preheat oven at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Brush each bun smoothly with beaten egg, and then bake in the oven until it turns puff and golden, i.e. for about 5 to 10 minutes. Now serve.