Sakkarai Pongal Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.everystockphoto.com/photo.php?imageId=4201599
|Sakkarai Pongal Recipe|
||9.2 / 10 (12 votes)|
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1 tsp Moong Dal
- 1 cup Milk
- 4-1/2 cups Water
- 2-1/2 cups Jaggery (grated)
- 10 Cashews
- 10-15 Raisins
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
How to make Sakkarai Pongal:
- Take rice and moong dal in a pressure cooker.
- Add milk with 4 cups of water in it. Cook it.
- Now add 1/2 cup of water to the jaggery and heat it.
- When the jaggery melts completely in water , remove from fire.
- Filter it and add to the cooked rice.
- Stir for 3 mins so that the rice and the jaggery blend together.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cashews and raisins to it.
- Fry till it becomes golden brown and add to the pongal.
- Finally sprinkle cardamom powder all over and serve.