Salmon in Champagne Sauce Recipe
|Salmon in Champagne Sauce Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 whole (6-8 pound) Salmon, dressed
- 6 Shallots, minced
- 1 pound fresh Mushrooms, chopped, with 10 Mushroom caps reserved
- 1 (25.4-ounce) bottle Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- 1 tsp fresh Lemon juice
- 1-3/4 cups Heavy Cream
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted Butter
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- Bunches of Fresh Herbs, for garnish
How to make Salmon in Champagne Sauce:
- Take a large baking dish and layer it generously with butter.
- Place the salmon in it and then add the shallots and mushrooms.
- Pour champagne over the salmon, shallots and mushrooms.
- Bake the salmon for 45 minutes in an oven heated at 450 degrees F.
- Mix lemon juice in one cup of water and poach the mushroom caps. Drain out the liquid.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and take the shallot and mushroom gravy and heat it until it is reduced.
- To it add the heavy cream and boil until it is thick.
- Whisk in the butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Skin the salmon and pour the sauce over it.
- Before serving garnish with fresh herbs and poached mushroom caps.