|Rating||7.0 / 10 (3 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 4 lb Fully trimmed beef brisket, section (flat cut)
- 8 Cups beef stock
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Black peppercorns
- 2 Canned chipotle chiles
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Reserved beef broth, from boiled brisket
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1/3 Cup chipotle chiles in adobo
- 6 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp White vinegar
- 1 tbsp onions, minced
- 4 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- Fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 4 Small roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 Ripe avocados, diced
- 6 Ounces monterey jack cheese, in small cubes
- 1 Medium red onion, diced
- Radishes ,cut in roses for garnishing
- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
How to make Salpicon:
- Prepare brisket in a Dutch oven or in a small stockpot, combine beef with onion, stock, bay leaves, garlic, chipotles, salt and peppercorns, mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil on high flame, skimming off the foam.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for about 3-1/2 to 4 hours till the meat is falling-apart tender.
- Let it cool for about 30 minutes in cooking liquid.
- Reserve 2 tbsp cooking liquid for salad dressing and place the remaining into the refrigerator for soup or stew.
- Pull the meat apart into shreds.
- In a blender or food processor, combine reserved brisket liquid, chipotles, lime juice, vinegar, ketchup, olive oil, onion, garlic, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Take a bowl and mix brisket with about 3/4 of the dressing in it.
- Transfer the brisket to a serving platter or bowl and toss it lightly with tomatoes, onion, cheese, avocados, and cilantro.
- Sprinkle additional dressing over the top to make the mixture moist.
- Garnish Salpicon with radish roses.