Salt Cheedai Recipe
Photo Credit: http://chefinyou.com/2009/08/uppu-seedai-recipe/
|Salt Cheedai Recipe|
||9.3 / 10 (3 votes)|
- 2 Cups raw rice
- 1/4 Cup urad dal
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/4 Cup butter
- A pinch asafoetida
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
How to make Salt Cheedai:
- Soak rice in water for an hour and drain it.
- Now spread it over a piece of cloth or paper.
- After 2-3 hrs grind it in a mixie.
- Fry the rice flour on low heat until brown.
- Sift through a coarse sieve so that there are no lumps.
- Take a pan and fry the urad dal until it is light brown.
- Grind it in the mixie properly.
- Mix it with the rice flour.
- Add butter, asafoetida, cumin seeds, pepper powder, and salt to taste.
- Add water to make thick dough.
- Make small balls of the dough and spread them on a wet towel.
- Heat the oil and fry cheedai until golden colour.
- Put 10-15 cheedai at a time in the oil.