Photo Credit: http://www.handsoccupied.com/2012/12/delicious-sandbakkel-filling-ideas/
- ¾ cup Margarine or Butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Almonds (ground)
- ¼ tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1-2/3 cups All-purpose Flour
How to make Sandbakkels:
- In a bowl, place butter and sugar and beat them until light and fluffy.
- Add almonds, almond extract, egg and all-purpose flour, keeping a little flour aside.
- Work on the mixture to form light dough, while adding the remaining flour.
- Cover the dough in plastic and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Remove and work the dough to a narrow log.
- Cut and divide into pieces.
- Grease individual baking tins.
- Press each piece into the baking tin.
- Take a baking sheet and place the tins on it.
- Back the tins on the center oven rack, at 400 °F and bake for about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately tap out of the tins.