Sausage Gumbo Recipe
|Sausage Gumbo Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1½ pounds Sausage (smoked)
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1½ cups Onion (chopped)
- 1½ cups Celery (chopped)
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper
- 1 (10 oz) package Frozen Okra
- 1 tsp File Powder
How to make Sausage Gumbo:
- Simmer sausage in a Dutch oven, adding ½ cup water for 5 minutes.
- Drain off the water. Cook sausage for another 10 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- Place the sausage on an absorbing sheet.
- Allow cooling and then slice it.
- Pour off the excess fat reserving 3 tbsp of it.
- Add 3 tbsp of the fat to the oven.
- Stir-fry the flour until a deep brown.
- Add garlic, onions, celery, tomatoes, and green peppers.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add broth, seasonings, okra and sausage.
- Cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with file powder.
- Serve with rice.