Sausage Sauce Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.thegrubworm.com/2011/03/a-zingy-italian-sausage-and-tinned-cherry-tomato-sauce/
|Sausage Sauce Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 pound Sausage
- 4 Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Fresh Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can Tomato Sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can Tomato Paste
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Red Wine
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
How to make Sausage Sauce:
- Place a large skillet over medium-high flame and heat olive oil in it.
- Add garlic and sauté till it turns brown.
- Mix in the sausage and crumble it while cooking, till it is evenly browned.
- Add in mushrooms, green onions, basil and oregano. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Pour in water, red wine, red pepper flakes and sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for at least 1 hour.