Sausage Spanish Rice Recipe
|Sausage Spanish Rice Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 pound bulk Pork Sausage
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Celery (chopped)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced Tomatoes (undrained)
- 2½ cups Water
- 1¼ cups Long Grain Rice (uncooked)
- ½ cup Chili Sauce/ Salsa
- 1½ cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded sharp)
How to make Sausage Spanish Rice:
- Combine sausage, onion and celery in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the mixture till the vegetables turn tender and the meat is no loner pink.
- Remove the excess fat and add tomatoes, water, rice and chili sauce. Stir gently.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat for 30 minutes till the rice turns tender.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the preparation.
- Cover the pan and allow it to stand for 5 minutes till the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot.