Scots Pancakes Recipe
|Scots Pancakes Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||2 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice or Vinegar
- ¾ cup Milk
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Extra Melted Butter
How to make Scots Pancakes:
- Take a bowl and sieve flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in it (together).
- Put juice or vinegar in a small bowl and let it stand for 5 minutes. Add this to the dry ingredients.
- Add beaten egg, 3/4 cup milk and butter to the mixture, to make a smooth batter (which can be poured from a spoon easily).
- Now, take a frying pan and grease it lightly with melted butter.
- When the pan is slightly hot, put 1-2 tbsp of mixture (about 1 inch apart) on base of the pan and spread. Let it cook for a minute.
- Now, turn the pancake and let it cook from the other side as well.
- Follow the same method with the rest of the batter as well.
- The hot pancakes are ready to be served.