Photo Credit: http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/2015/02/chettinad-masala-seeyam-recipe-masala.html
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1/2 cup Moong Dal (cooked)
- 1/4 cup Maida
- 3 tsp Cashewnut Pieces
- 1 Coconut
- Brown sugar to taste
- A few cardamoms
- Water as required
- Oil for frying
How to make Seeyam:
- Coarsely grind moong dal without water.
- Grate the coconut.
- Melt 3 tsp of ghee and roast grated coconut till light brown.
- Add brown sugar and fry well.
- Add cashewnut pieces and cardamom.
- Put off the flame and add half of the moong dal, and stir to mix well.
- Make small balls out of this mixture.
- To make batter, mix 2 tsp sugar, maida, remaining moong dal and water. Mix well.
- Dip the above-prepared balls into the batter.
- Heat oil and deep-fry the balls till golden brown.
- Seeyam is ready.