Sesame Chicken Recipe
Photo Credit: http://iowagirleats.com/2012/10/22/take-out-fake-out-lighter-sesame-chicken/
|Sesame Chicken Recipe|
||35 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp low-sodium Soy Sauce
- A dash of Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Dry Sherry
- 1 pound cubed Chicken Breast, skinless & boneless
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Chili Paste
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds, toasted
- 1 quart Olive Oil, for frying
How to make Sesame Chicken:
- Sift the flour.
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sherry, 2 tbsp water, soy sauce, vegetable oil and sesame oil.
- Stir all ingredients till the batter is smooth.
- Add the chicken to the batter and stir it until the chicken is fully coated with the batter.
- Cover this bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Sift flour, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, baking soda, and baking powder into a bowl. Pour in low-sodium soy sauce, sherry, 2 tablespoons water, vegetable oil, and a dash of sesame oil; stir until smooth. Stir in chicken until coated with the batter, then cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken in batter is being refrigerated, take a saucepan and boil together the soy sauce, sesame oil, chile paste, vinegar, chicken broth, sugar and garlic.
- To this boiling sauce, add 1/4 cup of cornstarch and 1/2 cup of water and stir.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens for around 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat and keep the sauce warm.
- On a larger frying pan, heat olive oil and drop in the battered chicken pieces.
- Fry the chicken until it is golden brown and begins to float to the top of the oil. This should take around 4 minutes.
- Use a paper towel lined plate to place the chicken on to drain.
- Once the chicken is completely drained, place it on to a platter and pour the hot sauce on top of it.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the chicken to garnish it.