Sesame Tofu Recipe
|Sesame Tofu Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1/2 cup Sesame Seed (lightly toasted)
- 1 Bunch Scallion (trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 14 ounces Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch (for dusting)
- Canola oil (for frying)
- Paper towel (to wrap)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely minced)
- 1-2 tsp Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 3 tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Gingerroot (finely minced)
How to make Sesame Tofu:
- Wrap tofu with paper towels and keep on a cutting board.
- Put a heavy plate on top to press out liquid for approximately 20 min.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a pan and simmer it.
- Dry drained tofu with paper towels and cube.
- Dust very lightly with cornstarch.
- Heat sufficient oil in a deep frying pan.
- Fry tofu until golden brown.
- Keep fried tofu in a large bowl and toss with 2/3 cup sauce.
- Sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds, scallions into the tofu.
- Mix gently.
Serve with different kind of sauce.