Photo Credit: http://ifood.tv/indian/shakarpara
||8.2 / 10 (11 votes)|
- 1-1/2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- A pinch Salt
- Ghee or Oil for deep frying
How to make Shakarpara:
- Sieve the flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Combine the sugar, milk and ghee in a pan; mix well.
- Bring it to a boil till the sugar is dissolved.
- Now let it cool completely.
- Make stiff dough by adding this sugar syrup to the flour mixture.
- Divide it into 2 equal balls and roll each ball into 2 circles of 6 mm. thickness.
- With a fork, pierce the surface at regular intervals.
- Cut the circles into 25 mm. diamond shaped pieces.
- Keep them aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it.
- Now deep fry the diamond pieces in hot oil on medium heat.
- Drain on absorbent paper and let them cool completely.