Sharkkara Chertha Ada Manga Recipe
Photo Credit: http://kitchentreats.blogspot.in/2011/09/ada-pradhaman-rice-chips-payasam-onam.html
|Sharkkara Chertha Ada Manga Recipe|
- 1 kg slightly sweet Ripe Mangoes
- Salt to taste
- 100 gm Jaggery Syrup
- 25 gm Red Chilly Powder
- 10 gm Asafoetida Powder
How to make Sharkkara Chertha Ada Manga:
- Cut each mango into 8 pieces removing the seeds.
- Mix them with salt to taste and dry them for 2 days in the sun.
- Heat syrup in a pan and boil until it gets sticky.
- Pour into spice powders and dried mangoes. Stir well.
- Cover the pan with muslin cloth and position it in the sun until the syrup absorbs in. Keep whisking once in a while.
- Then finally pour the mango mixture in a jar closing tightly.
- Store for 3 days.