The Shepherd's Pie Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/2335/classic+shepherds+pie
|The Shepherd's Pie Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
- 500 gm Beef or Lamb (minced)
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Peas
- 2 tsp Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 kg Potatoes (cooked & mashed)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 cups Stock
How to make The Shepherd’s Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Fry onions until soft. Add minced meat, salt, pepper, mixed herbs to the onion & cook it. Stir till meat is cooked, then add peas.
- Add appropriate qty. of stock to the cooked meat to make gravy.
- Put the meat in the ovenproof dish and make an even layer of mashed potatoes on the top.
- Make deep lines over the potatoes to get crispy top layer.
- Keep the dish in the preheated oven & cook for 30-35 min until it is cooked or top layer is golden brown.
- Serve with fresh vegetables.