Shrimp Gumbo Recipe
Photo Credit: http://dairymaiddairy.com/665/
|Shrimp Gumbo Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 pounds Shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
- 3 cups Okra (chopped)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 1 cup Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 quarts Water
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to make Shrimp Gumbo:
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a pan and stir-in flour until brown.
- Toss in shrimp and stir-fry for a few minutes until turns pink. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a separate pan over medium heat.
- Stir in okra and onions; cook until okra is tender. Add tomatoes and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in water with bay leaf, garlic, salt, pepper, and the shrimp mixture.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes on medium low heat.