Simple Dal Recipe
Photo Credit: http://ifood.tv/indian/33082-dal-plain-curry
|Simple Dal Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
- ½ cup Moong Dal
- 1 cup Water
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Green Chillies
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Few sprigs of Coriander Leaves
How to make Simple Dal:
- Chop tomatoes, onions and green chillies and set them aside.
- Take a medium sized bowl. Add dal, turmeric powder and water to it.
- Cook the dal till it is easily pressed with fingers. Blend it using a hand blender till it turns into a liquid form.
- In a pan, pour oil and set it to heat. Once heated, add cumin seeds, green chillies and garlic. Thereafter, add chopped onions and fry till the onions turn pink.
- Next, add tomato to the onion garlic mixture and fry till they are soft and pulpy.
- Now, add this tomato-onion-garlic mixture over the dal and heat it for 5 mins. Add lemon juice.
- Garnish the dal with coriander leaves.
Serve it with rotis.