Sindhi Kadhi Recipe
|Sindhi Kadhi Recipe|
|Preparation Time||10 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||20 Minutes|
|Rating||10.0 / 10 (3 votes)|
- ¼ cup Gavarfali (cluster beans)
- ½ cup Potato, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup Carrots, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup Bhindi (ladies finger), slit vertically into two halves
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp Fenugreek (methi) seeds
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida (hing)
- 4 tbsp Bengal Gram Flour (besan)
- 2 tsp Green Chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 4 to 6 Curry Leaves
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1-2 tbsp Tamarind Pulp (imli)
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Salt, to taste
How to make Sindhi Kadhi:
- Take a pressure cooker and boil gavarfali, potato and carrots in 2 cups of water to make it tender. Retain the water and keep it aside.
- On medium flame, heat the oil in the pan and cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. When the seeds start to crackle, add the asafoetida.
- Now, add the Bengal gram flour and saute it over medium flame for 4- 5 minutes or till it turns golden brown in color.
- Add 4 cups of water in the pan and bring the mixture to boil.
- When the mixture is boiled, add cooked vegetables, green chilies, ginger, bhindi, curry leaves, turmeric powder, chili powder, tamarind pulp and salt and bring it to boil again. Let it cook on the simmer flame till the bhindi is tender.
- Serve it hot with rice.