Smoked Salmon Tarama with Pita Chips Recipe
|Smoked Salmon Tarama with Pita Chips Recipe|
||380 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1/2 cup Tarama (pale orange carp roe)
- 6 oz Smoked Salmon (thinly sliced)
- 4 Pita Breads (about 7-8 inches in size, cut into triangles)
- 2½ cups (one-inch) cubes Country Bread (crust-less)
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 7 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic
- ¾ cup chopped Shallots
- 3 tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
- 3 tbsp chopped Fresh Dill
- 1 (2-ounce) jar Salmon Caviar
How to make Smoked Salmon Tarama with Pita Chips:
- Make a mixture of bread cubes and milk in large bowl. Allow it to soak for 5 minutes, but keep tossing it to moisten them at the same time.
- Squeeze the bread pieces to remove the milk and reserve the milk for later.
- In a food processor jar, add the soaked bread, the shallots, the smoked salmon and garlic cloves and blend to form a smooth paste. Even as the food processor is running, add five tablespoons of olive oil and blend for another few seconds. Transfer this into a medium sized bowl.
- Gradually add in Tarama, about two tablespoons of dill and just enough reserved milk to make its consistency as that of a spread.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning. You could make this Tarama several hours before and leave it in the refrigerator to chill, while you make the pita chips just before serving.
For Pita Chips
- Take a large skillet and add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil into it. Heat this oil on medium heat, till it begins to smoke. Add pita triangles and cook until light brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels and drain.
Place bowl of salmon Tarama in center of platter. Garnish with salmon caviar and dill. Surround with pita chips and serve.