Soan Papdi Recipe
|Soan Papdi Recipe|
|Rating||8.1 / 10 (73 votes)|
- 1-1/4 cup Besan (gram flour)
- 1-1/4 cup Maida (all-purpose flour)
- 1-1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 250 gms Ghee
- 2-1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom seeds (crushed coarsely)
- 2 tsp Charmagaz
- 4 Inches square pieces of thin polythene sheet
How to make Soan Papdi:
- Mix maida and besan properly.
- Take a heavy saucepan and heat ghee in it.
- Add flour mixture and roast on low heat until light golden.
- Cool a little, stirring occasionally.
- Make syrup of sugar, water and milk.
- Bring syrup to 2-1/2 thread consistency.
- Pour it into the flour mixture.
- Beat properly with a large fork until the mixture forms thread like flakes.
- Transfer onto a greased surface and roll to 1 inch thickness.
- Add the charmagaz seeds and cardamom. Push down with palm.
- Cut into 1 inch squares, when cool.
- Wrap separately into square pieces of thin polyethene sheet.
- Store Soan Papri in an airtight container.