Soyabean Biryani Recipe
|Soyabean Biryani Recipe|
|Preparation Time||30 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||30 Minutes|
|Rating||9.5 / 10 (14 votes)|
- 1/2 cup Soybeans, soaked overnight
- 1 cup Rice, cooked
- 1-inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Green Cardamom
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Onion, sliced
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 cup Tomato, chopped
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ cup Low-Fat Milk or Low-Fat Plain Yogurt
- 1½ cup Boiled Mixed Vegetables
- ¼ cup Fresh Mint Leaves, washed & chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh Coriander Leaves, washed & chopped
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Soyabean Biryani:
- Wash the soybeans and drain the water.
- Take a pan and combine 2 cups of water, washed soybeans, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf and salt in it. Cook on medium heat, till the soybeans become soft. Now, drain the excess water.
- Take another pan and boil water in it. Add rice and cook till it becomes tender. Drain excess water.
- Mix the cooked rice with the cooked soybeans.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Now, add sliced onions and the ginger-garlic paste to it and saute till it turns light brown.
- Put tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder. Cook until tomatoes are softened.
- Add ¼ cup water and cook for a few seconds.
- Now, add milk/ yoghurt, salt and mixed vegetables to it and saute for around 7 minutes, till the mixture becomes semi-dry.
- Now sprinkle mint and coriander leaves over it.
For Soyabean Biryani
- Spread half of the soybean-rice mixture in an 8 inch diameter sized baking dish.
- Sspread the entire masala mixture over it and top it with rest of the rice and soybean mixture.
- Cover it with aluminum foil and bake for 20- 30 minutes, at 350 degrees F.
- Serve hot, with yoghurt.