Spanish Garlic Soup Recipe
Photo Credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fixHiTWKRWA
|Spanish Garlic Soup Recipe|
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion (thinly sliced)
- 12 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup White Wine (dry)
- 1 quart Chicken Stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 cups French Bread (2" pieces)
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Gruyere Cheese (crumbled)
How to make Spanish Garlic Soup:
- Heat olive in a large soup pot. Add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat, for 10-12 minutes.
- When onion and garlic begin to caramelize, add wine and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Now, add the stock and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the flame and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the flame. Add bread cubes and allow to sit.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Add cream and adjust seasonings.
- Garnish with cheese and serve in shallow bowls.