Spanish Rice Bake Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.campbellskitchen.com/recipes/pork-chop-spanish-rice-bake-24929
|Spanish Rice Bake Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 pound Lean Beef (ground)
- ½ cup Onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Tomatoes (canned)
- 1 cup Water
- ¾ cup Long Grain Rice (uncooked)
- ½ cup Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Cumin (ground)
- ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 pinch Black Pepper (ground)
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 2 tbsp fresh Cilantro (chopped)
How to make Spanish Rice Bake:
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground beef meat.
- Brown the meat and drain the excess fat.
- Transfer the meat into a large pot and place it over medium low heat.
- Add onion, green bell pepper, tomatoes, water, rice, chili sauce, salt, brown sugar, cumin, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper. Stir well.
- Simmer the mixture for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer the preparation into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the mixture.
- Bake the preparation for 10 to 15 minutes, till the cheese has melted and gets bubbly.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.