Spicy Tomato Basil Sauce Recipe
Photo Credit: http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2011/07/baked-eggs-in-spicy-tomato-sauce/
|Spicy Tomato Basil Sauce Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 cup Black Olives (pitted and roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp Hot Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 tbsp Capers (drained)
- 2 (28-ounce) cans Tomatoes (crushed by hand)
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil Leaves (hand torn)
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
How to make Spicy Tomato Basil Sauce:
- Place a large saucepan on medium heat and add olive oil. Let it get hot.
- Add in the garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add black olives, red pepper flakes and capers. Cook for 2 minutes, while stirring.
- Throw in the tomatoes, along with their juice. Bring to a low simmer.
- Add in the basil leaves, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.