Spinach Pulao Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.yummyoyummy.com/2013/10/posts-6.html
|Spinach Pulao Recipe|
||9.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 150 gms Baby spinach
- 150 gms Basmati rice
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 20 gms Flaked almonds
- 1/2 Green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
How to make Spinach Pulao:
- Boil spinach in water for 10 minutes. Now, drain well the spinach and chop roughly and keep it aside.
- In a large pan bring lightly salted water to the boil. Add rice and cover it for 8 minutes.
- At the same time fry chilli, onion and garlic in the oil over a low heat until onion turns golden in colour.
- Mix carrot and continue to stir for one minute.
- Then add ginger and turmeric and stir for a few minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Strain rice in a colander and rinse it with boiling water.
- Place rice to an oven dish, stir in spice mixture and vegetable until evenly blended, also add spinach and stir.
- Put lid on dish and cook it for 10 minute.
- Stir in almonds just before you serve.