Indian Recipes : Spinach Pulao Recipe
Spinach Pulao is a very popular recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Spinach Pulav by following this easy recipe.
Spinach Pulao Recipe
• 150 gms Baby spinach
• 150 gms Basmati rice
• 1 Clove garlic, crushed
• 1 Carrot, grated
• 1 tsp Ground ginger
• 1 tsp Turmeric powder
• 20 gms Flaked almonds
• 1/2 Green chili pepper, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp Oil
• 1 Onion, finely chopped How to make Spinach Pulao:
• Boil spinach in water for 10 minutes. Now, drain well the spinach and chop roughly and keep it aside.
• In a large pan bring lightly salted water to the boil. Add rice and cover it for 8 minutes.
• At the same time fry chilli, onion and garlic in the oil over a low heat until onion turns golden in colour.
• Mix carrot and continue to stir for one minute.
• Then add ginger and turmeric and stir for a few minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside.
• Strain rice in a colander and rinse it with boiling water.
• Place rice to an oven dish, stir in spice mixture and vegetable until evenly blended, also add spinach and stir.
• Put lid on dish and cook it for 10 minute.
• Stir in almonds just before you serve.
Was looking for a delicious spinach recipe. Will try it tonight since I enjoy Indian food.
Submitted by: Beverly
posted : 24-Apr-2009 03:16 PM
Recipe of the Month
Vermicelli Pudding, also known as Seviyan Kheer is a very popular Indian...