Spinach-Stuffed Pumpkins Recipe
|Spinach-Stuffed Pumpkins Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 4 small Sugar Pumpkins
- 1 (9 oz) package frozen creamed Spinach (thawed)
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 4 slices White Cheese (such as Monterey Jack)
- Butter (for coating)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Water (as required)
How to make Spinach-Stuffed Pumpkins:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Cut the tops of the pumpkins and remove the seeds.
- Coat the insides of the pumpkins with butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Replace the lids of the pumpkins and place them in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour enough water to cover the bottom of the dish to prevent it from scorching during baking.
- Bake the pumpkins for 30 minutes till the insides get dark and the outsides are still firm.
- Place a small saucepan on heat and combine together cream cheese and spinach.
- Stir the mixture till it melts and blends well.
- Pour the spinach mixture into the pumpkins.
- Top each pumpkin with a slice of cheese.
- Bake the pumpkins for another 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.