Steamed Christmas Pudding Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.taste.com.au/images/recipes/sfi/2010/12/26237_l.jpg
|Steamed Christmas Pudding Recipe|
||4.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 8 ounce Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Butter (melted)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups Self-Rising Flour
- 1/3 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/2 cup Whole Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mincemeat Pie Filling prepared
How to make Steamed Christmas Pudding:
- Grease one 2-quart lidded pudding mold.
- Sift together the flour, sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, butter, mincemeat, cranberry sauce and pumpkin. Add this to flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour the above-made mixture into pudding mold.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large pot, over medium heat, and fill 1/2 way up with boiling water. Place the pudding mold on the rack. Steam for 2-1/2 hours.
- Check the pan occasionally and add more water if needed. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. When firm, take the pudding mold out and let it stand for 10 minutes, then unmold.
- Prepare a sauce by blending together the sour cream, cream cheese and confectioner's sugar. Spoon dollops over warm pudding.
- Steamed Christmas Pudding is ready to serve.