Stuffed Bhindi Recipe
Photo Credit: http://media2.sailusfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bhindi-sambhariya.jpg
|Stuffed Bhindi Recipe|
||9.1 / 10 (10 votes)|
- 1/2 kg bhindi, washed & dried
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 2 Green chilies, chopped
- 1 Medium sized onion, chopped
- 3/4 Inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 Pinch heeng (asafoetida powder)
- 3 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Ground fennel (saunf)
- 2 tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp Dried mango powder (amchur)
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- Salt to taste
How to make Stuffed Bhindi:
- Combine together the stuffing ingredients, mix well and keep aside.
- Cut the stalk of each bhindi (okra) and make lengthwise slit so that masala can be stuffed.
- Stuff the okra with masala mixture.
- Take little oil in a pan and heat.
- Add cumin seeds and saute until it starts to crackle.
- Add onion, green chilies and ginger.
- Saute the mixture until onions turn transparent.
- Add heeng to it and cook for a few seconds.
- Add tomato and cook until it turns pulpy.
- When done, add stuffed bhindis.
- Mix well until bhindis are coated with the sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Stuffed Bhindi (Bharwan Bhindi) is ready.
- Serve hot with chapatis.