Subz Makhani Recipe
Photo Credit: http://cooksjoy.com/blog/2011/09/subz-makhani-vegetables-in-tomato-cashew-gravy.html
|Subz Makhani Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
||9.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1½ cups Mixed Vegetables (carrots, peas, cauliflower, French beans)
- ½ tsp Cornflour
- ¼ tsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves (kasuri methi)
- 3 cups Tomatoes (chopped)
- ¼ cup Red Pumpkin (chopped)
- 12-mm piece Ginger (chopped in small pieces)
- ½ cup Onions (chopped)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- 2 large Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 2 Cloves (laung)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (dalchini)
- 1 tsp Oil
- ½ cup Low-fat Milk
- ½ tsp Sugar
- Salt (As per taste)
- 1 tbsp Coriander (chopped) - for garnishing
How to make Subz Makhani:
- Take a large pan and fill it with 3/4 cup water. Add red pumpkin, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, onions, cinnamon and cloves. Cover it with lid and keep it over low flame.
- Occasionally, check the vegetables. When they become soft, remove the pan from the heat and let it cool. Weed out cloves and cinnamon from the mixture and drain out the water.
- Using a blender, blend the vegetables to make a smooth puree.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat the oil in it. Add cumin seeds and when they start to crackle, add fenugreek leaves and chili powder. Mix well and cook for a few seconds.
- Now, add the vegetable puree (prepared before), sugar and salt in it and bring it to boil.
- Pout the milk in a cup and put cornflour in it. Mix it well and add to the prepared gravy. Turn the knob of the gas to low flame.
- On the low flame (simmer), add the mixed vegetable to the hot makhani gravy and cook for 5- 6 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and garnish the sabzi with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Your subz makhani is ready.