|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 1 Pack dry yeast
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 3/4 Cup lukewarm milk
- 2-1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 Eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp butter
- Apricot or strawberry preserves
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
How to make Sufganiyot:
- Mix together the yeast, 2 tbsp of the sugar, and the milk. Let sit to make sure it bubbles.
- Sift the flour and mix it with the remaining sugar, salt, cinnamon, egg yolks, and the yeast mixture.
- Knead the dough until it forms a ball. Add the butter or margarine. Knead some more, until the butter is well absorbed. Cover with a towel and let rise overnight in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/8 inch.
- Cut out the dough into 24 rounds with a juice glass, or any object about 2 inches in diameter.
- Take 1/2 tsp of preserves and place in center of 12 rounds. Top with the other 12. Press down at edges, sealing with egg whites.
- Crimping with the thumb and second finger is best.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Drop the doughnuts into the hot oil, about 5 at a time. Turn to brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Roll the doughnuts in sugar.