Suji Idli Recipe
|Suji Idli Recipe|
|Preparation Time||5 Minutes|
|Cooking Time||5-7 Minutes|
|Rating||7.1 / 10 (7 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving||66|
- For the batter:
- 1 cup Sooji (semolina)
- 1/4 cup Curd
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
For the tempering:
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- A pinch Asafetida
- 1 tsp Urad Dal (split black lentils)
- 1 tbsp Broken Cashew nuts
- 4 to 6 Curry Leaves
- 2 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1-1/2 tsp Oil
How to make Suji Idli:
- Combine all ingredients of the batter together in a bowl and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add oil in it.
- Add in mustard seeds, cumin seeds, allow spluttering.
- Add dal, asafetida, cashew nuts, curry leaves, green chilies, fry a little and then add the sooji.
- Fry stirring continuously till it gives off a distinct smell. Put off the flame and allow cooling.
- Grease the idli moulds using little oil.
- Add the tempering to the batter and mix well.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of batter into each greased cavity of the idli moulds and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more idlis.
Suggestions:Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.