Suji Ka Dhokla Recipe
|Suji Ka Dhokla Recipe|
|Rating||8.6 / 10 (10 votes)|
- 2 cups Suji/ Semolina
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour/ Besan
- ½ cup Curd
- 1 tsp Fruit Salt/ Eating Soda
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Green Chili-Ginger Paste (to taste)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- A few Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Coriander (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Coconut (grated)
How to make Suji Ka Dhokla:
- Mix suji, besan, curd, salt, sugar, turmeric powder, green chili-ginger paste and oil in a large bowl. Work to form a batter.
- Add water if required, to form a consistency as that of idli batter.
- Set the batter aside for half an hour.
- Add in fruit salt and lemon juice to the batter and mix well.
- Grease a dish and pour the batter into the dish.
- Steam the batter for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove in a dish and leave it to cool.
- Cut the dhokla into pieces, once cooled.
- Place a pan on fire and add oil.
- Add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, green chilies and curry leaves.
- When they start to splutter, add the cut dhokla pieces and stir fry.
- Remove and garnish the dhokla with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Serve with some spicy chutney.