Suji Laddu Recipe
|Suji Laddu Recipe|
|Rating||7.0 / 10 (4 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving||300|
- 500 gm Sooji
- 300 gm Sugar
- 500 ml Milk (full cream)
- 6 tbsp Ghee
- 3/4 cup Mixture of cashew-raisin (coarsely chopped)
How to make Suji Laddu:
- Heat ghee in a deep pan on medium flame and add the chopped cashews and raisins when the ghee completely melts.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes and then take out the nuts and drain excess ghee onto paper towels.
- Now in the same ghee, add the Sooji and roast it stirring frequently till it give off a faint aroma.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Now gently add the milk, stirring all the while to prevent lumps from forming.
- Cook the mixture till it is thick and begins to come away from the sides of the pan.
- Add the nuts and raisins now and mix well.
- Put off the flame and allow the mixture to cool.
- Now form lime-sized balls by pressing gently but firmly with lightly greased palms.
- Arrange the Laddoos on a lightly greased platter, keep it aside for at least 30 minutes and then serve.