Photo Credit: http://www.cookingwithshobha.com/channa-dal-sundal/
- 2 cup Chana
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 Red Chilies (into pieces)
- 3 -4 Curry Leaves
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 2 Green Chilies (into pieces)
- 1/2 cup Coconut (grated)
- Salt to taste
How to make Sundal:
- Soak chana in water overnight. Drain, add fresh water and cook chana until soft but not mushy.
- Drain excess water from cooked chana, retaining about 3-4 tablespoons.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and allow it to splutter. Then, add red chili, curry leaves and asafetida to it.
- Now add chana, green chilies and salt to the above. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add grated coconut to the above and mix it well. Turn off the flame.
- Sundal is ready to serve.