Swedish Apple Cake Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.fiveeurofood.com/appelkaka-swedish-apple-cake/
|Swedish Apple Cake Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1½ cups White Sugar
- ½ cup Shortening
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 cups Apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- ½ cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Margarine
- 1½ cups Brown Sugar (packed)
How to make Swedish Apple Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (165 °C).
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Take a mixing bowl and cream together white sugar and shortening.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a second bowl.
- Stir the flour mixture into the eggs mixture slowly.
- Add in the chopped apples and walnuts. Mix well until evenly blended.
- Pour the batter into the greased dish.
- Bake the cake for about 40 minutes, until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Remove and cool down to room temperature.
- For the topping, mix milk, margarine and brown sugar in a saucepan, over medium-low heat.
- Stir well to dissolve the brown sugar.
- Cook till the margarine has melted.
- Pour the topping over the cake.