Swedish Meatballs Recipe
|Swedish Meatballs Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1½ cups Soft Bread Crumbs (about 3 slices bread)
- 1 tbsp Onion (dried, minced) or 1/4 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp Butter / Margarine
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 can (10½ ounces) Condensed Beef Broth
- 1 cup Light Cream
How to make Swedish Meatballs:
- Combine bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper, nutmeg and milk in a large mixing bowl. Let the crumbs soak the milk for a few minutes.
- Stir in ground beef and blend well. Form into balls (1 to 1½ inches in diameter).
- Add butter and oil in a large skillet and fry the balls, till they become brown.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the balls to a baking dish. While draining, leave 2 tbsp of drippings for further use.
- Stir flour into the drippings. Cook while stirring constantly, until it is bubby.
- Stir in beef broth and cream. Pour this mixture over the Swedish meat balls.
- Bake at a temperature of 325° F, for 35- 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.