Swedish Tea Cookies Recipe
|Swedish Tea Cookies Recipe|
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Light Cream
- 1/3 cup granulated Sugar (for decoration)
- 1¼ cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 3 tbsp Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
How to make Swedish Tea Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Mix together flour and 1 cup butter to form coarse crumbs.
- Add light cream and mix to form dough.
- Roll the dough to ½ inch thickness and cut into small roundels.
- Roll the circles into granulated sugar.
- Place the cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Prick each cookie few times with a fork
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies and let them cool.
- Place half the cookies on top of the other to make sandwiches.
- Place remaining ½ cup butter in a medium bowl and beat it until fluffy.
- Add confectioners' sugar and mix well.
- Pour in evaporated milk and vanilla extract. Mix to form a good spreading consistency.
- Spread the frosting between the cookie sandwiches and press to fit in place.