Sweet and Sour Mango Pickle Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/2014/06/instant-sweet-mango-pickle-recipe-sweet.html
|Sweet and Sour Mango Pickle Recipe|
||45 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
||9.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 2½ cups Raw Mangoes (preferably Rajapuri)
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1¾ cups Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cashewnuts
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 5 to 6 Peppercorns
- 2 Red Chillies (whole)
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Seeds (crushed)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (as per choice)
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds (saunf)
- ½ tsp Salt
How to make Sweet and Sour Mango Pickle:
- Take raw mangoes, peeled and cut into thin slices.
- Heat the pan and mix sugar and water in it, enough to dissolve the sugar. Cook and stir, till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the sliced mangoes, bay leaves, peppercorns, red chillies, cloves and garlic and cook it for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the heat when the mango pieces become soft and tender and the sugar syrup is of one string consistency.
- Now add chili powder, fennel seeds, salt, cashew nuts and cumin seeds in it and mix well. Let it cool cool.
- Preserve it in sterilized glass jar and refrigerate it, where it will keep fresh for one year.