Sweet Maple Pork Chops Recipe
Photo Credit: http://greenlitebites.com/2013/05/our-sweet-pork-chop-dinner-adventure/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20greenlitebites%20(GreenLiteBites)
|Sweet Maple Pork Chops Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 quart Heavy Cream (divided)
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 6 boneless Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1 quart Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 large Onion (cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 1 clove Garlic (diced)
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 6 oz fresh Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tbsp fresh Basil Leaves (chopped)
How to make Sweet Maple Pork Chops:
- In a bowl mix the egg, heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and pepper and then coat it in the pork mixture.
- Dredge the chops over the oats to coat.
- In a skillet heat the oil and fry the oats till brown on both sides.
- In another skillet melt the butter and cook the chops, onion, and garlic until the onion is tender.
- Add the mushrooms, basil and pour in the maple syrup.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes in low heat, until the chops are done.
- Remove the chops and in the same skillet add the remaining cream. Cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chops and serve.