Sweet Potato Rolls Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/family-recipes/sweet-potato-dinner-rolls-with-honey-butter-glaze
|Sweet Potato Rolls Recipe|
||9.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 0.25 oz package Active Dry Yeast
- 4 tbsp White Sugar
- ½ cup Sweet Potato Puree (canned)
- ½ cup Warm Water (110 °F /45 °C)
- 3 tbsp Margarine (softened)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 3½ cups All-Purpose Flour
How to make Sweet Potato Rolls:
- Pour warm water in a mixing bowl.
- Add yeast and stir to dissolve it.
- Add 1 tbsp of white sugar and mix well. Allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs slightly in a small bowl.
- Add the remaining white sugar, sweet potato puree, margarine, salt and beaten eggs. Stir well to mix the ingredients.
- Add in 3 cups of flour and stir.
- Turn the mixture on a lightly floured surface.
- Knead the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes adding enough flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Knead to form smooth dough in the shape of a ball.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and turn around to coat all over.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for about 1 hour or longer, as required.
- Punch the dough again and let it rest for 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 16 to 20 balls.
- Grease a cookie sheet or 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Place the balls on the cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Bake the balls for 12 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.