Sweet Russian Cabbage Soup Recipe
|Sweet Russian Cabbage Soup Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1½ pounds Lean Beef (ground)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Tomato Sauce
- 4 cubes Beef Bouillon
- 2 medium Carrots (shredded)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 1½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 2 quarts Water (divided)
- 3 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 head Cabbage (cored and cut into wedges)
How to make Sweet Russian Cabbage Soup:
- Crumble beef in a large pot.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef bouillon cubes, carrots, onion, white vinegar, white sugar, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add 1 quart water and boil the mixture.
- While heating, stir well to break up the beef.
- Once the soup comes to a boil, cover the pot and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add in the remaining 1 quart of water and boil it again slowly.
- Add garlic and cabbage. Simmer for another 25 minutes till the cabbage turns tender.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve hot.