Photo Credit: http://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgurl=http://i.ytimg.com/vi/_hLf4uKS1vI/maxresdefault.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3D_hLf4uKS1vI&h=1959&w=3000&tbnid=M3s_-IZfQwLI3M:&docid=jQMtyoUuXm56iM&ei=btGoVZTOBY2hugSBp6WQCQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CEMQMygXMBdqFQoTCJS9mK3z4cYCFY2QjgodgVMJkg
||8.9 / 10 (10 votes)|
- 1-1/4 cup Rice
- 3-4 Potatoes (peeled, cut into halves)
- 1-1/2 tsp Garlic paste
- 6 Cloves
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 1 stick of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 large Tomato
- 2-3 Green Chilies
- 1 medium-sized Onion
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 6 Black Pepper (whole)
- Salt to taste
How to make Tahari:
- Soak rice in water for at least one hour.
- Heat oil and fry sliced onion till it turns translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger paste and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Now add all spices, green chilies, chopped tomato, salt and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook it over medium heat till the spices are well mixed and the tomato get softened.
- Add potato along with 1 glass of water.
- Cover and cook it until the potatoes are done.
- Add pre-soaked rice and water so much that it reaches 1-1/2 cm above the surface of the rice.
- Again cover and cook the rice over high heat till rice becomes soft.
- Now reduce the heat to the minimum and cook for 5 minutes.